So everyone knows I LOVE sleeping in. This morning, I was woken up by Sadie panting, which was shaking the bed it was so heavy. This only means one thing...she needs to go out and go potty- very quickly. She has been fighting with a virus for about 2 weeks now, which has lead to some stinky clean-ups.
It was 7:09 am...I was not very happy, but I knew she needed me, so I got up and took her and Bella out. We walked around the block, and even though I was exhausted, I did notice how beautiful of a morning it was. So we got back and I immediately crawled back into bed, telling myself I was still very sleepy and wanted more sleep.
30 minutes later, and I was still wide awake. I decided to get up and eat some breakfast. Maybe a full belly would make me sleepy again...Nope.
I stayed up all morning, watching tv, folding laundry, sweeping, wiping down the countertops, and dusting. What the heck???
The only true benefit of all of my time this morning was I got to watch a movie I had DVR'd, Where the Heart Is. What a phenomenal movie. I could watch this one over and over, and still be intrigued.
I found myself on the floor folding laundry, towards the end, when the BEST part of the movie happens...using my clean socks I just folded to wipe away the tears. When Fornie (ex-librarian) comes back and calls her in the middle of the night, Nova Lee runs to see him, ready to show her love for him. But when he tells her that instead of doing something with his life to reflect his passion for education, he plans to take a job at the Plastics Factory to stay in town to be near her. Nova Lee realizes he is giving up so much just ot be with her, and decides to tell him she doesn't love him. OMG...the look on Fornie's face had me bawling!!! What a selfless act she did! Who would really do that?
Nobody I know. I love that movie!!!!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hmmm...I could do all sorts of speculating about your morning, but b/c I know that would get old...I won't. I will say, I am right there with you on "Where the Heart Is". I watch that movie everytime it is on TV and I will say, it is a darn good movie to do housework to. Tell Sadie Charly says he hopes she feels better soon!
You should read the book, it's even better! I just re-read it a few weeks ago. It's one of those you read, and read again, and again, and again.
I love the book, and actually read it before I ever saw it for the 1st time. If it is sitting on your shelf again, you should mail it up to your pseudo-twin...I could use a good read. Actually, I have a few sitting here that I think you would love...I need your address!!!
I just discovered this movie while at the gym one day and fell in love with it. However, not enough to name my first child Americas! Wasn't it that, lol!
Post a Comment