We had big plans to kick off her big day- having brunch @ the American Girl Cafe!! Of course we are scrambling to get out of the house for our 9:15 reservation (yes, I am never on time anywhere), but we also were taking the bus up Michigan, and they never arrive when you need them to. So, after pacing for what felt like an eternity, we hopped into a cab, which, according to the kids, was their first time. The driver got us their @ 9:15 on the dot. We went up to the 2nd floor where the cafe was, and the place was already buzzing with girls everywhere. We then get seated at the BEST seat in the cafe- at the window overlooking Chicago Avenue. These are the views from our seat.

Looking up at the John Hancock Building. The building to the right where you see the top is where Oprah's downtown condo is...she apparently has the top 2 floors!
This is the square off of Michigan Avenue and Chicago Avenue, which is pretty much the beginning of the Magnificent Mile.
The American Girl Cafe. This place was really amazing...you can see the little girl walking with her doll- if you didn't bring a doll with you, you could borrow one to join you for your meal. They did not miss a thing in designing this "experience".
Courtney was prepared to share her time with Kit, her American Girl Doll she got a few years ago. Courtney's hair used to be cut into a bob just like Kit's, so they looked like twins! Kit even had her own chair and tea set!


Many called to wish Court Happy Birthday, but here she is telling her Dad all about the morning so far- which by her face, you could tell she was enjoying it! The polka dot scrunchie she has in her hand actually came as a napkin holder, adding as a keepsake.

Alex definitely won the prize for the BEST BIG BROTHER that morning, as he was such a good sport!Our meals were REALLY yummy, but when dessert came, we all got pretty excited. They brought Courtney a special cake with a candle in it, which she was blushing the whole time! The flowerpot is filled with a vanilla mousse sprinkled with "dirt" (cookie crumbs), and then we got a sprinkled sugar cookie. DELICIOUS!

Sisters bonding!!!


These pics pretty much sum up how Court was feeling!

After brunch, Court did some shopping, with one main mission...to purchase Kit's best friend, who was just introduced by American Girl. She also got some new clothes and lots of accessories. Whoever created this company is definitely not hurting!!!
After we left AG, we headed over to Navy Pier so we could ride the Ferris Wheel. It is 150 feet high, and takes 7 minutes to go all the way around, so it's a great opportunity to take some pics of the skyline!

This next pic is looking in the direction of my place...if you spot the tall skinny building in the center, my place is a few blocks past that. I can see the Ferris Wheel from my Living Room!

These next 2 pics are looking towards the North end of the city (Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Wrigley). I work up in Lakeview. Doesn't the water look like a tropical island??? So beautiful!!


Back home we head to relax a little before our fun filled night begins...


8 comments:
HOW FUN!!!!!!!!! you are such an awesome big sister! i really want to go to this american doll place there :) we have to take callie there! she would DIE!
Ah, American Girl...yes I'm old, but I love looking around at that place. Maybe I'll have a girl to take there one day (or I'll just have to be the weird old lady that likes to go to the doll store!). It is an AMAZING place! You're a great big sis!
You bring Callie up here and let Aunt LooHoo spoil her!!!
I can not even tell you how awesome it is that Courtney is still in love with dolls! I love that! I wish Alsasha was less into boys and growing up so fast..it's scary!
Yeah, she is definitely in her last stretch of time with being interested in the doll scene, but thankfully, not near approaching the boy scene. I will just die!!!
it was great i loved it and the food was great i could do that again
sorry i forgot to add alex is so funny and aunt val loved the picture we sent her so she sang happy birthday to me but i got a lot of other phone calles
I don't know why it has taken me this long to figure out how to post a comment, but hopefully this works. I read your blog all the time, and I swear you could write a book. I love hearing about all your many adventures. Usually I sit back and laugh, and share the ones I can with Allie. All the pics are amazing, something I will probably never get to see for myself. The visit from the kids brought tears of joy. Cindy and Brad you made memories for them that they'll never forget. Ok, so my message is not suppose to be this long. Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment