Next on the agenda: Lincoln Park Zoo. This zoo was amazing!!! It's located right along Lake Michigan and is so pretty! Even though Courtney was quite disappointed there were no polar bears or elephants, we all were in awe over the animals that did come out to greet us.

The lions were probably my favorite. They came outside just in time to put on a little show for us, climbing the rocks and roaring at everyone gathered around. I caught a little on video, and it is amazing to watch!




This was definitely the sweetest moment of the day- witnessing this bonding between Mommy Gorilla and baby. Not suprisingly, the kids weren't too impressed.

On our way back to the car, we came across this "interesting" display of fake flamingos in front of the Nature Musuem...we had to have some fun with them.

Day 4- We spent the day at Six Glags Great America, and we had the best time!! Courtney is not the biggest roller coaster fan (unlike Brad and I), but she overcame her fears and rode a few. One she liked so much, she made us go back when it got back dark that night and ride it again. Alex won the prize though when he rode the American Eagle with Brad and I...our last ride of the night. It is a super huge wooden coaster, that barely had any lights on it...making it that much more nerve racking, as you had no idea what was coming next!! Alex rode next to me, and after the first hill, we both felt our car "catch air"! It was crazy!!!
The day was so fun, and as with any jam packed day @ an amusment park, we were all ready to go home and crash!!!


4 comments:
good lord, i am tired just reading everything you have been doing so far!!! what fun!!
Yay!! Lots of fun! I'm so jealous of your summer fun =) And that pic of you and your sister is waaay cute!
You guys had a busy week! I can't believe how big they are...I just refuse to accept that they are "teenagers". I'm so happy that you had this special time with them..you're such a cool big sis!!!!
Post a Comment