Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring has Sprung...for now

Today the temp went up to 75 degrees, and though I was working all day, I definitely took a few breaks to step out on the busy street to take it in! I couldn't just watch the sun shine and not bask in it a little. People were out everywhere- driving along the lakefront this morning, it was like summer was in full swing. I am beginning to understand the depression that sits on a city while it waits for warmer weather. I never minded the cold weather we have experienced this winter, but to see all of the people out rollerblading, riding bikes, and walking their dogs--it's so very exciting.
So when I got home from work today, I knew I wanted to get out and take the girls for a long walk. Brad and I leashed them up, and threw on our flip flops and headed out.
Can I just tell you, we were gone about 40 minutes, and we BOTH came home with small blisters on our feet! What???? Our feet lived in flip flops in NC, so we will have to do some readjusting. I am so ready to live in my Rainbows!!! Especially since we are allowed to wear flip flops to work!!! SBS- Eat that!

4 comments:

Brad Flaherty said...

will you kiss my blister to make it feel better? Please?

CindyLooHoo said...

EWWWW! The girls may lick your feet, but that's where I draw the line!

Breezy said...

Ok now, you're going to make the nauseous girl throw up over here! Glad you're finally getting some nice weather, it is beautiful here today as well...wish I could wear my flops to work!

Perfumes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.