Brad and I went out dancing with some of my co-workers last weekend, and had such a great time. We saw a live music act, Lynne Jordan and the Shivers, which are pretty famous here in Chicago. She is like a new version of Nell Carter. You just have to love her. She comes down off the stage and goes around to all of the tables and really gets you involved. One of her hit songs in the show is "Big Fat Woman!". LOVE IT!!! During the song, she kept calling out all the skinny chicks and telling them to order an appetizer. LOVE IT EVEN MORE!!! They had dancing also, which, I must admit. I have never seen so much stereotypical "White dancing". I know I like to shake it, and may get a little ghetto at times, but it was so crazy! She was covering songs from my girl Mary J. and Beyonce, and I have never seen so many people trying to sing the words and getting it SO wrong.

2 comments:
now that's my kind of vocalist! eat them appetizers girls! nell carter. love it. and i would be the one singing along getting all the words wrong!!!
Oh no, you would definitely have been just like me throwing your rear end everywhere singing along to some Beyonce's Crazy!
Post a Comment