
Well, Happy April to all!
We have had a super busy past few weeks, with MUCH NEEDED visits from family and friends! Brad and I had been counting down the days/weeks/months, as we knew the approach of Spring would bring people into the city. We had the best time visiting with Brad's brother Kenny and his wife Kelli for Easter weekend. I don't think I will ever get tired of showing this city off! There is just way too many great things to see and do- not to mention the highlight of everyone's trip- the food!!!!



I had to work for most of the time they were here, but I was definitely around when it came time to eat...not surprised, huh? The highlight of places we went was definitely R.J. Grunts. This is a small restaurant in Lincoln Park, famous for creating the very 1st salad bar in the city. The burgers were THE BEST I have EVER had. The best part about going here, and the main reason, was that this restaurant was the favorite hangout spot for Brad and Kenny's grandfather over 30 years ago, when he lived in Chicago. So cool!!!
After we ate, we did our best to walk off our full bellies by walking through a very hip neighborhood called Old Town. We ended up walking a lot that night, in our attempts to walk to the El train and make our way back to our place. Good times.Sunday, which was Easter, was not filled with Easter baskets and searching for eggs. Well, not unless they are the scrambled kind we enjoyed at The Original Pancake House downtown. What a way to end the trip, with a fantastic big breakfast!!!
They got to see some of the hot spots of the city, but the funny thing was the most popular activity over the course of the weekend was once again...Rock Band. Kenny couldn't help showing his unbelievable drum skills, while I was still out to conquer the guitar!! Kelli definitely found her niche behind vocals!


3 comments:
I cannot belive how much Kenny looks like Mr. Flaherty!!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time!
I must practice my drum skills and battle this Kenny you speak of. WAH hahahaha!
awwww! sounds like fun!!!!! i need me an rj's burger today :) yum!
Post a Comment