Monday, October 1, 2007

Battle of the Redbox

So, we made it a weekend of new flicks- with our #1 goal of renting the much hyped Knocked Up. The grocery stores around us have this great way of getting movies called RedBox, which is like a large vending machine for DVD's, and only cost $1. Brilliant concept - Forgive me if I am a late bloomer with this!
On Friday, I stopped by to pick up the movie, and after waiting in line behind a handful of people, have my turn at perusing the titles only to find Knocked Up completely sold out. Well, of course! The only other option that looked slightly interesting was Music and Lyrics, with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant, which I rented as a back-up. Feeling the pressure of the mission to find Knocked Up, I left and headed over to the other grocery store down the street, and found the same thing- gone! Funny thing is it seems everyone was out to get this same flick! I passed several muttering people heading in and many more inside at the machine cursing the other 'leftover' titles.

Music and Lyrics was lightly entertaining, but I must say, Drew is very much typecast and has gotten pretty boring for me.

So Saturday, we took the movie back, and sure enough, they were still sold out of K.U.-so we rented Premonition, with Sandra Bullock. Now that one gets my thumbs up!! The type of movie where you really need to pause it to take a potty break!!

This cycle of taking the movie back and once again trying for the original one continued on Sunday, which resulted in us renting We Are Marshall, with Matthew McConaughey. I LOVE THIS FILM!!! First of all, I love football, so it was engaging alone with all of the action- but the story behind it all...wow! It is an uplifting movie, despite the tragedy of the events, and really makes you want to jump up at the end and shout "WE ARE MARSHALL!!!" Watch it to believe me!

Now, let's hope I can return the movie this afternoon without getting sucked in to renting another one!!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I've never heard of this box thing. Very neat. Have you guys thought about getting netflixs? It's super cheap and we are totally addicted.