
For those that know me well, this will not surprise you.
This past Sunday, Brad and I took our girls to a dog adoption event...and no, not to get another dog!!! Although...there was a 6 week old puppy that was so cute-and so small he fit in both of your hands!!!! Ahhh...I remember when Sadie was that small. He looked like a little orange Sadie...oh my. I am now officially rambling!!
Anyhow, we attended this event in Lincoln Park, where there were lots of dogs there, most parading around trying to find homes from the prospective bunch that showed up. I was told this was a Halloween party of sorts, so my girls came prepared. It turns out there were only about half in costumes- which meant lots more attention for Sadie and Bella, which they did not mind AT ALL!!!
There was a costume contest where you got to parade your dog in front of a few judges...which they all seemed to love ours. Sadie was a skeleton...and the girliest skeleton we could find. The spine was actually in the shape of hearts. It also glows in the dark, and since it was so form fitting, it actually kept her a little warm too. Bella was our resident skunk- very appropriate since she has had "room clearing" gas since we brought her home. Our little stinker.


Sadie actually won 2nd place, in which she was awarded a fantastic gift basket filled with goodies!!! Since most of the treats inside were made of rawhide, which we don't allow them to have, we bought a bag of locally made canine cookies instead. I am not sure if she knew she actually won, but she sure enjoyed all of the people clapping for her!!!
They will sport their costumes a few more times, being there is another party this coming weekend in Grant Park, then a Fall Fest the following weekend at the doggie daycare where we found Bella. They have a more active social calendar than Brad and I do.
If anything, this helps Brad and I get over the disappointment in not being able to dress up this year! This will be the first year in many that we have not been able to attend the Halloween bash at Greg & Sandy's-which, we are not really sure how they will carry on without us... :)
Just for those that never saw them, here are the costumes we made for the past 2 years.
#1,2- Dog the Bounty Hunter and his babe, Beth
#3-The Lovely/Skanky Britney Spears and her now ex-hubby K-Fed



Happy Halloween to all!!!


1 comment:
awwww!!! i can't believe she didn't win first place??? i would have been there challenging the judges. sheesh~
Post a Comment