Monday, October 22, 2007

The Joy of Sleep

So it was a pretty quiet weekend here in Chicago- which was mostly in part to me doing a lot of sleeping!!! We had nothing on our schedule, and what a treat!!!!
I have always loved sleeping in- I have mastered it quite well, and there is nothing like having the ability to get out of bed when YOU want to. (Don't mean to rub it in to those with little tots!) Even Sadie and Bella have picked up the habit on Saturday mornings. Actually, it is a funny sight to see all 4 of us sprawled out in bed. Well, the dogs are sprawled...Brad and I are hugging the sides of our new King bed (we had to upgrade for more room :). Like this morning, Sadie had managed to push me almost off the bed with her butt- and with her being 75 lbs- which seems like 100 when she's asleep- it's nearly impossible to move her over. Bella is the snake- she will squirm and slither her way up between us, often snoring in our face. She's a light snorer, which is still cute. Sadie prefers to stretch out at the foot of the bed, which often means we are sleeping with our legs curled up.
What are we to do when we have children, and they want to sleep in the bed? Brad mentioned over the weekend that we need a bigger bed. Well, Brad Pitt and Angelina did it- they had one custom built to fit their brood. Yeah, I am sure we couldn't afford it :)

I will treasure the lazy weekends as long as possible until the time comes when Brad and I lucky to get a full night sleep without bottles, diapers, and tears!

4 comments:

*marissa* said...

take that sleep while you can! and also, you will not want all your kids in your bed with you, FYI. they come into the bed in the morning for some fun and relaxing time, but sleeping is impossible. i can't count how many times my kids have kicked my head.

CindyLooHoo said...

Yeah, so far I have only had paws in my mouth, been kicked in the back and stomach, and a dog sitting on my head. Not bad unless it weighs 75 lbs!!!! :)

Sandy said...

Hey Cindy,
It's a Flaherty thing to sleep in, enjoy it while you can. Tell Brad and the "kids" hi for me.

Gretchen said...

Sleep??? What is this thing you talk about....I don't think I know what it is exactly. hmmm.