Monday, October 15, 2007

More than JUST shoes...

Monday morning...typical scene getting ready this morning...scouring my closet for the perfect outfit to begin my work week. Do you know what the biggest dilemma is for me every day?

Shoes.

I don't think a day goes by that I am not having a conversation with God about the size he decided to place on my feet. Now, don't get me wrong, I have shoes galore- not to brag, but I have definitely done my share of keeping Payless in business. They are one of the few places on earth that carry more than a few styles in my size. I was super excited when I found out that my beloved UGG boots went up to an 11-and fit good too! I cannot go and buy womens athletic shoes-unless I want the ugly all white with pink or baby blue that look like they were designed by a geriatric committee-YUCK! This explains why when I find a pair of shoes that fit, I then want to get any color they come in!

In case you are not aware, I wear a 12- most often though, can fit very comfortably in a 11 Wide. Where in the world did they come from? Why was I "blessed" with feet the size of children's skis? Was it just meant to be that I grew up with a family nickname of Sasquatch "aka" Big Foot? Why can't more companies just go one size higher? Who made the rule that most shoes stop at size 10???? Was this just designed to keep me from indulging in my shoe fetish? Maybe it is a blessing, because I swear if I was rocking a size 7 or 8, I would need a whole other room to house my shoes.

Very hard to find a blessing in such a sore topic. Maybe I should be lucky I didn't grow up in old school Asia, where my feet would have been bound from a young age. I would have been walking on platforms if that were the case, and may be in the world record book for having the thickest feet then!!!!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm telling you Cinn you gotta start checking out the Transie-Drag Queen area in Chicago, you know those girls know where to get bigger size shoes.
Check out
http://www.designershoes.com
they go up to size 16~~see it could be worse!
Also jcrew
http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/category.jhtml;jsessionid=FOKR1FMFP2B0QCTFEEKRYUQKMUQQ0GUG?id=cat180264&navAction=jump

http://www.samantashoes.com/

Another store that goes up to size 15
http://www.shoesofyourdreams.com/index.php

You may have to pay more money but at least you will have shoes that always fit right and feel good. Though I think Brad might kill you if you buy every color they have. :) It's not payless anymore baby!

CindyLooHoo said...

I have done the jcrew thing-LOVE getting sandals at the end of season DIRT cheap! Thanks for the other ones! Hey- we all have our vices, right? Brad will live :) I love that other site you sent with the boots- which I will need a new pair to walk the dogs in :)

Valerie Trefry said...

I think you probably have a shoe fettish BECAUSE you have big feet. OMG, Did I just say that out loud. Well, your lovely cousin Emily is only 16 and is in a size 11, so she can feel your pain. She has a shoe thing too and I do believe it has to do with the fact that when she finds shoes she likes, that come in her size, she is ecstatic.