Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Quiet on the Set

This afternoon, I took Sadie and Bella for our afternoon walk, and really noticed the weather change! It was so great- I love the smell of Fall!

We were halfway through our walk, and just a few blocks away, there are some old buildings that they are converting to condos from automotive factories. Very cool-because I am all for using existing structures and revitalizing the area. We came up to one of the streets we usually walk, and there was a police car blocking the street. I noticed there were lots of tractor trailers and other officers and firemen. Well, this wasn't a normal occurrence on our walks...

I crossed the street to ask a few men that were standing on the corner, and they explained they were filming a few scenes for an upcoming T.V. pilot, Leverage. This apparently will have Timothy Hutton as one of the main characters. These men that I was talking to were stand-in actors, and were super nice. One of them had just moved up from D.C., so we chatted about that area and being newcomers to the city. He asked me if I ever did any acting, which of course I shared my Dawson Creek experience(I never get to use this card!). He gave me his email and told me to let him know if I would like to be notified of casting calls. How cool is that??? I would love to go be an extra-just to be able to see some cool actors!

So, we were about to get back to our walk, and this fireman came down and asked us to step back a few feet. Then...I hear "Action!", and the building in front of where they are filming blew up. SO COOL! Now, the dogs didn't think it was so great, and thought they needed to go rescue the people. My girls!

I already missed Batman filming in the city, but from what these actors were saying, there is a lot more scheduled to be filmed in Chicago, and even in my neighborhood.
Maybe I will get the chance to relive my acting dreams!!!!

2 comments:

Staci said...

That is awesome! Let us know when you have your 'acting' debut!

Stacy said...

OMG - when were you on Dawson's Creek and which episode was it? I need more details! You totally skimmed over a fascinating tidbit.

Also, I linked your blog on mine. Hope that's cool. :)