Yes, the title should have spoken loud enough. My coworker Patrick was in the mood today for a buffet lunch- especially pizza. We both started talking about our faves from back on our old turfs, like the infamous Cici's pizza! Well...the only option he could try at lunch was a restaurant a few blocks away called Buffet Palace.
And yes, I tagged along with my curiosity in tow.
The place was nice enough- no strange entrance, clean, and lots of people already eating lunch. I have NEVER seen such a variety of food on one buffet...one end began with several chinese cuisines-pretty standard. Then came the fried chicken, pizza, prime rib, macaroni and cheese, creamed spinach, sweet potato casserole, pasta salad, beef stew (?. If you turned around, you were staring at a row of spaghetti, manicotti, french fries, and every flavor of pudding you could think of. I think there was a rice pudding too, or at least I hope it was to explain the lumps. I didn't want to get too close.
I know this entry may sound strange, but I just wonder how these places come to be. Who decides what to put at this places, and how is mac n 'cheese considered Chinese Cuisine? My coworker didn't complain except to tell me to avoid the fried chicken as the meat was yellow beneath the skin. He preferred a lunch of 'Chinese pizza', buffalo chicken wings, brownies and french fries. This, for me, is great bar food. Just like you don't go to a baseball game and order a chicken sandwich- you get a hot dog! I just couldn't get grasp this food for every taste at a CHINESE restaurant.
Some may like it, but I think it's just not right.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Did you have your own papparazzi man following you around getting those wonderful snapshots! The dunking for hot dogs is hysterical.
Post a Comment