Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Come one, Come all!!!

Fall is definitely here in the windy city, and I am sitting in my living room enjoying the breeze from the open patio door...the temp outside is mid 60's and so great!!! I LOVE this time of year!!

Which brings me to my next point. I have spread the word that we want visitors coming up to take advantage of this wonderful city- and our cries have been heard :)

We had our first post-move visit from my uncle John, flying in from D.C. on a work trip for the U.S. Government. We were able to give him a tour of our place and then walked to a local restaurant-great benefit of living in the city!! :) Along with the meal being one of the best I have had in a very long time, the building had been converted from an old fire station, appropriately called The Chicago Firehouse. Even though it wasn't long enough- it was a great time and being able to see family really meant a lot to both Brad and I. On the next business trip, he needs to sneak his wife in his suitcase :)

We have our next scheduled visit the last weekend of the month from our good friends in NC, Chris and Tara. They plan to celebrate their wedding anniversary and really take in the sights!
Following that are some more of our NC buddies, Steve and Kim, which we have been cooking up this trip for months!! Steve just happens to have a work conference, so Kim is taking full advantage and coming up too!

Now don't you all worry-we have plenty of open weekends and welcome you with open arms! Bella and Sadie are very anxious for houseguests also! You may just want to bring some doggie treats though...

2 comments:

Benji Kelley said...

I am coming SOME TIME! I promise. I love Chicage! Love your blog - tell your hubby I said hey. We miss you guys at newhope!

Gretchen said...

Jon and I are watching ticket prices and we're hoping to come during a long weekend just the 2 of us! That's what moving closer to the grandparents is for right?!?! Weekend getaways!
Love you!