Thursday, September 25, 2008

R.I.P. Dr. Pratt

I can hardly see the computer as I type this blog, as I am officially overridden with emotions.

One of my absolute all-time favorite shows, E.R., is in its final season. I know all good things must come to an end, but I am deeply saddened by this. This show has been more than just a good tv drama, more than another part of the lineup for my Thursday nights.

I remember watching this show in its premiere season with my mom, as it was one of the few shows we would actually watch together. I think George Clooney drew her in, but whatever it was, it had us hooked!!! I even remember my little sister Courtney, who is now 12, sitting and watching it with us, claiming it was her favorite show when she was just 3!! We would worry that some things would be too graphic, but she was always so interested in what the doctors were doing! It was quite amusing watching her glued to their actions, as if she were taking notes.

When my mom passed in 2000, whenever the show came on, I would think of her. It was a trivial connection, but it was mine.

So, tonight was the premiere of the final season. And wouldn't you know it, they had to kick things off with a bang. They killed off Dr. Greg Pratt (Makai Pfeiffer), and I don't think I have cried like this in a long time. He was definitely one of my favorites, as his humor was always right on time and he was very passionate. So, after they hold the memorial services, one of the characters decides to give his girlfriend the engagement ring he had in his pocket when he passes- OMG! I think Brad thought I might just have a complete emotional breakdown. Then, the main group of characters head over to the bar they frequented after their shifts, and had a time where they could reflect on him. Best part of that? When they toasted his memory with...mozzarella sticks. Yep, that is awesome! You should have watched it if you don't know what I mean.

It truly should make you think...you NEVER know what tomorrow could bring. Don't wait to tell that person you love them. Don't wait to voice an 'I Love You' or a 'Thank You'. It made me really think about all of the ways God has blessed me in my life and how He continues to do this, unfailing.

I need to go to sleep now, because I have cried so much, I can't even stay up to watch my DVR'd Grey's Anatomy.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

girl i feel your pain! i was a huge ER fan for MANY years. i don't watch it anymore but my parents are still huge fans. my mom called me crying over dr. pratt!

me courtney said...

hi cindy well sorry that happened i stopped waching that after mommy died but know we all wach grays annatomy

me courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.