
After dinner, we were all walking back to the car, and this woman was walking down the street in front of us with the cutest little dog. Well, being the canine lover I am, I say "Puppy!", and go walking towards her, hoping to say hello. OK...now picture this. This particular street downtown has the occasional small tree lining the sidewalk, which has metal grates around it. Never have I ever seen one of these grates with circular cut-outs in it...until that moment.
Next thing I know I am falling flat forward on the ground, with my foot having dropped down in one of those 'holes'. Fortunately, my hands reacted just right and caught myself before my head (mouth) hit the concrete! I remember 2 things- me sreaming "Brad!", and then only being able to see his feet running towards me.
OMG- the rush of pain that followed. They all helped me to the car, and immediately, it felt like I had crushed my knees. (They are still bruised today, and hurt immensely, but I am at least able to walk normally). Here is Amanda being a great nurse- with a bag of frozen meatballs. :)

My girls made best friends in Amanda and Dylan...


It was sad to see them go, but the time they spent with us was so cherished!!!


3 comments:
Oh, you poor thing! You pulled a Tara! :)
Seriously- at least I didn't get to sport the oh so fashionable boot!!!
OMG- See!!!! You could have broken your ankle!!! Thank god you just skinned your knees. OMG- so truth be told, I just laughed sooo hard reading this!
Post a Comment