Today was my first day of the work week, as I am off on Mondays. Usually a pretty crazy day, as I walk into about 15 voicemails, and double the emails waiting for my utmost attention. Despite the economy, we are so slam busy right now, and it seems like Chicagoans are not afraid to spend their money.
Good for me.
So, I was working with one of my designers today, trying to rush and get a rug order in, and she asks me if I had the address it was shipping to. We both start rattling off the address at the same time, and suddenly, I just stop.
What did you say? She asks if I have it shipping to Vera Bradley in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Um...I have it shipping to "Customer X" (don't want to list too much:). She says, yeah, it's the same thing.
I nearly fall out of my chair. Ok, to some, this may be no big deal. But here I am, a big Vera Bradley fan, having taken a day off of work back in May to attend the annual outlet sale in Ft. Wayne! She tells me that she grew up next door to her, and has been her designer for years. OMG.
So, now, I am trying to figure out how I can personally deliver this rug.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh my gosh...I would have fallen on the floor! You really do have the best job!
That's really cool...I bet you were like "Vera Bradley...THE VERA BRADLEY?!" You could go all Lucy and Ethel and wrap yourself in the rug =)
And when you deliver it, you will also befriend her, and she will tell you to please take as many Vera items as you wish because you are just the coolest chick she's met, and you will take nice, big bags for all of your friends.
If this fantasy should ever happen, I will definitely be snagging a baby bag for you and Everett!!!
Post a Comment