Another boring Saturday at work, and lo and behold, I get a super fun client walking in the door.
This woman seemed a little frazzled, talking on her phone while flipping through rugs. She had car keys in her hand, but was dressed like she just finished a bike marathon. Whatever makes you comfortable...
Anyway, I work with her for a little while, and then as she is leaving, I give her prices on a few rugs. She asks if her designer comes in, would she be able to get a better deal. I tell the difference in price, and then offer to just give her that price, hoping it just gets me the sale, and that much quicker. She then starts to tell me that she herself is somewhat of a designer herself...which, my reply as someone with a degree, is "Yeah, aren't you all?"
She starts to describe things she has done in the design industry, and rattles off that she has written a few books and hosted a few shows. Huh? She gives me her email address so I can give her some more information, sizes, etc., as these are for her "country" home in Michigan. She tells me to check out her website.
Holy cow! She is an HGTV legend!!! Check it out!!!
http://www.joankohn.com
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You just never know who will walk through that door.
That is so exiciting!!!!!!
I was all geared up for Nate Berkis (sp?)...except it was a woman. Nevetheless an HGTV woman (which if I watched more of it I'm sure I could better appreciate it) and that is cool!
that is awesome!!!! you are such a funny story teller :)
Hunh, never heard of her or seen her before - but still cool that's she's HGTV approved. Neat-o! Did she need a design assistant? Start carrying your resume around, missy!
Post a Comment