Flash back with me a few months ago...
I work with this guy, Rodrigo, whose job title is "stock"- his job is to help get down rugs, maintain the showroom, and assist customers to their cars with any large items. He keeps to himself for the most part, and tries to play the "hard" act. Whatever.
So, it was one of the first nice days of pre-Spring, and I decided to walk down the street to grab some lunch. I see Rodrigo hunched over, unchaining his bike, so funny me, I decide to sneak up on him. I get about 4' away from him, and lean down, and say "Give me your bike." Now, I try and disguise my voice, but that is not something I excel in, so I didn't sound much different. So, he immediately looks up and sees it is me, and then gets this really creepy look on his face. He starts getting all jumpy, and tells me, "Never do that again, or I will cut you." He then proceeds to pull out a switchblade. WHAT? I try and laugh it off, but I am really freaked out, so I keep on walking and he repeats himself, as if I didn't hear him the first time. Some guy walking by heard this, and tried to intervene, but I told him it was ok, we knew each other. Whoa.
I get back to work, and start to tell my manager and co-workers what just happened, and it is clear we all think he is "on something". So, I go into an appointment with a client, and next thing I know there is Rodrigo, asking me if he could speak to me on the side. He goes on to apologize, but then, after a bunch of rambling, goes on to repeat his "threat" earlier, that he would cut me if I ever did that again.
That was it...can I get a little "Oh no he didn't!!!!"
Even after all of that, he was able to keep his job, and it was just shrugged off, as management thought he was just not "all there". Yeah, sounds like a perfect reason to keep him on board. Anyway, while I was on vacation, Rodrigo was lead out of our showroom with 3 police officers, and handcuffed at the front door.
Not to be hateful, but I really would have liked to have seen the show.
Bet he's missing his bike right about now.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
yikes that is creepy. so why was he arrested??? I want the juice!
That'll teach him to mess with Chi-town babe! And yeah...what was the reason for the arrest?
Still working on finding why they came and picked him up...will keep you all posted :)
Karma's a bitch!
that is some scary shit. i would be so creeped out!!! wowsers!!!
Post a Comment