Friday, March 21, 2008

Girls Weekend: Day 5...All about the O

So...the girls trip ended in Chicago on St. Patrick's Day. Brad and I certainly did not want them to leave, as we had been waiting months for people to visit!!!!
It was an absolute must to go over and see Harpo Studios, where Oprah's show is taped, being we had all tried really hard to get tickets for the taping that very day. About a month ago, it was advertised on her website that they would be opening up the reservation line for only a few hours, offering tickets for several tapings in March, one being the 17th. All of us girls called non-stop that morning, which I know I tried over 50 times, and no luck! Consolation prize- go over and take our picture in front of the sign :) We also browsed through her new retail store, which was very nice.

After a fabulous lunch at one of our favorite pasta joints, Pasta Pallazo, we cruised around some Chicago neighborhoods and drove down Lake Shore Drive. Then, back down to Gary, Indiana to bid them farewell.
Girls- you better get back up here soon!

3 comments:

Breezy said...

Been meaning to thank you for blogging about our weekend...at least I don't think I thanked you. You did an awesome job with the bloggin' and the hostin'...wish I could do it more often!!
PS-If you guys get tired of Rock Band I know a charity (uh hem, my house) you can donate it to.

CindyLooHoo said...

Hahaha! Now that I have discovered I have some guitar talents, there's no way it's leaving!!! It's funny b/c Brad's friend Jason who came over that night, as well as his brother who was just here this past weekend, are both considering buying it! It's contagious!!!

Stacy said...

Aw, bye-bye Chicago! We miss you. We'll have to come in the spring! Or, breeze and I can come back with babies in tow next year - hahahaha, won't you just love that! :)

PS - I'm totally not blogging about Chicago now, I'm just referring everyone to your site to read about it. Thanks for capturing it all so well! :)