Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Girls Weekend: Day 4

Hurray for Aquarium Day!!!

Our dog trainer (don't we sound important? :), Chris, is also a dolphin trainer at the Shedd Aquarium here in Chicago. When we mentioned we were having some friends in town, he offered to get us all free tickets, which was such a huge SCORE!!! They usually cost $27, so we were all very happy!!

We waited around for the dolphin show, which even though I think Tara was hoping to get a little splashed and it was pretty dry, we all loved seeing all of the tricks. We also got to see a beautiful beluga whale that was white as snow, a very intimidating kimodo dragon, and lots of really cool fish, including sea dragons.


One of my faves was the penguins, which one was trying to make the move on a new friend right in front of everyone. He was so cute- but a little confused.
As we were leaving, the girls got their pic in front of the best photo spot in the city. The Aquarium sits on a peninsula in front of downtown, and it was so crazy windy!

2 comments:

Breezy said...

I miss the trip already!!! I love reading about it even though I was there! It went by waaay too fast. You have to send me some of those pics since my camera died...especially the penguin and his friend Rub R. Duckie.

Stacy said...

seriously, there's that fat angle again. Damn you fat angle!