Continuing my story from Chris & Tara's weekend, we were riding the bus back down Michigan Avenue on Saturday after doing some shopping. Just minding our business and checking out the scenery. I probably could have fallen asleep, as shopping seems to do that to me now.
There was this guy sitting across from us, just casually glancing our way, sometimes staring. No big deal, right?
So, we are approaching our stop, and he strikes up a conversation...
Guy: You guys aren't from around here, are you?
Chris: Well, we are visiting and they (pointing to Brad and I), live here now.
Guy: You guys are really uptight.
Cindy/Brad: (almost in sync) Uptight?! (along with slight laugh)
Guy: Especially the females...
Cindy: Excuse me?
Cue bus announcing our stop. Normally my ghetto mood would have stirred to the top and brimmed over, but I proceeded to get up and think...this is the city- deal with it.
As we are getting off, I glance over and see the guy shaking Chris' hand, and assumed he was righting his wrong.
Hmmm....I guess he thought he was. He gave Chris a present...

WHAT????? Why would this stranger think it ok to slip us this? To loosen up? Gee- guess Christmas was early for him, and he was in a giving mood. For those that may not know what this is...it's better that way :) And for the record- we did throw it away after taking the picture.


2 comments:
Wow...those Chicago fellas are pretty generous. I am suprised you didn't jack him up:)
I think the guy needs to work on his selling skills.
"You look uptight, I got just the thing for you...and only for 10 bucks!! Will change your life!!"
HAhaaaahaaaa
Welcome to city living Cinn, you aren't in Raleigh anymore :)
Just you wait...the things you will see and hear on a daily occurence will become normal. You will surprise yourself with your capacity to endure.
Post a Comment