What memories does the Thanksgiving holiday stir up for you? I know it means good food- turkey, Honey Baked Ham, sweet potatoes WITH marshmallows, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and lots of veggies. Top it all off with some amazing pies and call it a day. Relaxing on the couch (well, at least the men:) and watching football!! Ahhh...memories.
Now that we have moved up here to Chicago, and pretty much have no family close by or friends yet to hang out with, we are flying solo this year. I had been debating whether or not to still have a mini-version of the fabulous feast, or just make some other good dinner. I am very much looking forward to having a day off of work to just do nothing.
Well, the idea came to Brad the other night for us to head out on Thanksgiving to the nearby casinos...that's right, ladies and gentlemen, our turkey day is going to be spent yanking on slot machines. I wouldn't say we are the heavy gambling type, but what else do we have to do? The casinos are about 1/2 hour away, in Indiana, which I had no idea they were so close! If we bow out from heading down there, we have a back-up plan to go to Dave & Buster's here in Chicago, which is like a huge adult arcade. So, either way, we are definitely breaking "standard" Thanksgiving traditions. Very excited.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Post a Comment