Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Careful- Downer Blog Ahead

Well, in case you aren't one to keep up with the daily news, or a sports fan, then you may not be aware of a tragic loss suffered by the Redskins this morning. Sean Taylor, #21, died after suffering a fatal shot wound to the femoral artery during a home invasion. This was a senseless and horrible incident, not only effecting the NFL community, but the fans as well.

My brother told me of the news yesterday, after the surgery had been completed and they were waiting to see what the next step would be. It's not just that this man was famous in his community, as well as nationally, it's that he was a young man trying to straighten his life to become a respectable father to his 18 month old daughter.

I have been in a daze for much of this morning, thinking what could drive a person to committ such an act of hate and violence. It could happen to anyone, not just someone in the spotlight. And it's everywhere...

I just finished reading yet another article about the missing pregnant mother of 2, Stacy Peterson, from Bolingbrook, Il, which is about 20 minutes from my home. I have already drawn my own conclusions about what happened, and I think there is a reason why her husband has resigned from his position with the Bolingbrook police force and is basically scrambling trying to cover his tracks. Pathetic.

I am not a huge advocate of divorce, but come on...killing your spouse????? Absolutely sick. Especially in this case, where he killed his THIRD wife too! How did it go on past that?

Sorry for this depressing entry- I am just so overcome by how sick and twisted this world we live in can be...

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm right there with you Cinn. I can't believe how many women are missing right now on the news. If you type "missing mom" in google it is amazing how many women are being harmed. Thankfully the Mom,Katie Corcoran, from Rhode Island was recently found in Baltimore. A blessing within all the sadness.

CindyLooHoo said...

Yeah...so I just went online to read about a train crash that happened here in Chicago today and one of the headlines was "Missing Pregnant Woman found in grave". My heart sank, as I initially thought of Stacy, who I mentioned in my blog. Sure enough, it was another young girl, killed by the suspected father of her child. Senseless. When it will stop?

*marissa* said...

RIP sean taylor.

i just get sick to my stomach about the things men do to their pregnant wives. SICK.