Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Holiday Made for Me

Brad and I were heading out on Saturday night for a date night, and something in a downtown store window caught my eye that almost made me let out a little squeal. Actually, I think I really did.

LARGE SHOE EVENT SALE.

I think I had died and gone to heaven. Needless to say, we were there at Nordstrom Rack practically when they opened on Sunday, and it was so perfect. Mountains and mountains of every kind of shoes you could think of. Who knew that Jimmy Choo was generous with his overpriced footwear that he even went up to a size 12. (Didn't bring any of those home- being on sale still meant it was like a car payment:)

I did walk away with the most amazing pair of ankle boots from Juicy Couture- smoky gray leather with a killer heel. Definitely 2 hour shoes, but oh so worth it. I could have done a lot more damage, but the sale had started on Friday, and was nearly wiped out with all of the true gems. Next time, I will be ready!!!

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Girl, what size are your feet? You know what they say about girls with big feet... :)

CindyLooHoo said...

I have been blessed with a size 12...although, you will often find me squeezing my dogs in a size 11 :)

And yes, I have heard- our socks are bigger :)

*marissa* said...

hahahaha.

did you buy me any size 10's??? big foot girl club is here!

i wanna see pics of those boots!!!!

Gretchen said...

Ok how can 2 hour shoes totally be worth it? Life is too short to wear shoes that hurt your feet. Don't understand how you can go from total comfort in Uggs to "my corns are killing me shoes". Crazy. Once you're a mom the "2 hour shoes" don't exist anymore...they are replaced with "can I run in these heels?" cause you are bound to be running after a kid who is about to walk in front of traffic or running across the playground to rescue someone from the top of the monkey bars.

CindyLooHoo said...

If you saw these boots, you may not agree. Also, don't forget that there once was a day where Gretch would have worn the most crazy uncomfortable shoes -and Cindy was left watching because nothing ever fit me. :) Celebrate this occasion!

Benji Kelley said...

Question - how close are you to Moody Bible School:

Moody Bible Institute
820 N LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610

??? Thinking about attending an awesome conference there for pastors in May.

Peace - Pastor Benji

Gretchen said...

Yes I blame that on being young and not knowing any better.
I've gotten wise in my years :)

CindyLooHoo said...

Benj-
We are so close to that school!! That is the "center" of downtown- River North neighborhood, and the train runs from our place to that same block of the school. Very convenient!!!