Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm a Celebrity!!!

You will never believe this one...

As promised, Brad and I made the trip up to our suburban gem, Moe's Southwest Grill, on Saturday. And once again, we were very anxious and excited for this meal. We had been waiting 3 long weeks to come back again.

So, we go in and order our usual (well, Brad picked his #2 fave to switch things up), and the store manager began helping fix our meals. I was grinning ear to ear, waiting for him to recognize his loyal patrons, and then just blurted out, "Do you remember us?". He smiled, and said of course he did. He then commented that once again, we picked a "bad" night to head up from the city, as they had a light snowfall just before we arrived. I said it was all worth it.

He then says to me, "Do you have a blog?"

Did I hear him right? Did he just ask me do I like fog? I look at Brad, and then ask the manager to repeat himself. Sure enough, he goes on to tell me that the Corporate Office of Moe's found my blog entry from a few weeks ago, and copied the stores on it to share my experience and praise. OMG- that just wowed me. He told me how great it was, and he was hoping we would come back in again.

I could not stop giggling, as I felt like my love for Moe's had finally been heard.
Now, Mr. Corporate of Moe's, if you could only open a location in the city to prevent me from going weeks without it, the world would be so much of a better place.

Oh, and free burritos for a year would really be suffice for the free advertising :) Just a thought.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

that is too cool!

Breezy said...

I can't believe I actually know a Moe's celebrity! How awesome is that...just remember the little people back here in NC (who also think Moe's is the most wonderful place on the planet-2nd to Disney World of course), when you do get your award of free burritos for a year. Josh and I had Moe's for Sunday lunch...it truly was a halleluiah moment!

Gretchen said...

i think i posted here before that they opened one near us. Just got a free burrito coupon in the mail to celebrate their grand opening...we are so there and I'll report back. I have a few favorite burrito places. Mad Max in Pittsburgh, PA takes the cake!

*marissa* said...

oh wow! that is actually kind of scary now that i think about it....how in the world did they find your blog! oy! i wonder who is reading all of our blogs!!!!

but seriously, that is so dope he remembered you!!!!

Gretchen said...

Lots of big corps. hire people to surf the internet looking for blogs or sites that refer to them. Also "spider" programs do the same thing.