Thursday, February 21, 2008

No more TGIF for me!

It's Thursday, and can I just tell you that there is no daydreaming about it being near the end of my work week? Since moving up here, I have become such a weekend warrior- living for the Saturday's when I rise out of bed around 1:00 pm, finally taking a shower around 4:00, so Brad and I can head out to do some shopping and grab dinner. This is married life without kids. Ahhhhh.....

I have now been given, much to my resistance, a new position at work, which involves working Saturdays, and even until 8:00 pm on Thursdays. Of course, I do get to come into work on Thursdays at 11:00, and I do have off every Monday, but still...this is not what I originally signed up for!!! Apparently, the girl who had my position last made nearly $100K last year, but is that worth it?

OK! OK! OK! I think I just heard a bunch of grunting- yes, it's probably worth it:)

So, instead of waking up early this morning to get stuff done before I headed in at 11, I laid in bed until the last possible minute, and then even convinced myself I deserved a bowl of cereal for having endured this change in schedule. Oprah comes on here at 9:00, so that was a hinderance in me getting off the couch! Needless to say, it was no different of a morning, and I was running around like a madwoman!

I am never on time to anything!!!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Girl, what is your new job and how do you possible get anywhere near making $100k? Also, when you do - you're totally flying us out on Skybus to visit. Hehe, just kidding!

But seriously, what do you do? I don't think I've ever asked. Interior Design?

Gretchen said...

well soon enough you will see how wonderful it is to have mondays off. No lines at the stores, less people on the roads to annoy you...it's heaven. I think you'll enjoy your lazy mondays more than saturdays. Cause you'll even have the house to yourself! Now I'm jealous!!

CindyLooHoo said...

Ok...so somehow I have ended back up in sales. I can't seem to escape this world. At least it is something I am good at.

I will be working with designers in my showroom selling carpet and area rugs. Doesn't sound too glamorous, but it can be a lot of fun. My I.D. degree/background comes into play with the selection process. I was being shown around the showroom the other day, and was matching a rug on display to one we have in our catalog- it retails for $32K!!!! That's a car!!!!! It's crazy, and far from anything I ever did in NC!!!