Since Moe's has fallen into the category, along with Chick Fil A, of places I dream of opening here in the city, I have been deprived for a while now. Brad and I were able to indulge in some CFA over the holidays in MD, but no Moe's. Very upsetting.
I was reading an article last week on MSN about Chipotle, which by the way, is as abundant in this city as Starbucks. Apparently, McDonalds, who initially owned Chipotle, began the restaurant here as a test market. Well, I am not impressed. I have only eaten there once, and they didn't deem worthy. Not to cheat on Moe!!!
So, I went on a mission last week to locate the closest Moe's. Sure enough, a few have opened up in the suburbs, and locating one about 40 miles away, made some weekend plans. Brad and I made the trek up there, and it felt like we were going to claim a prize or something...very anxious!!! We walked in, and the sweetest song rang out...WELCOME TO MOE'S!!!

I am sure the guys behind the counter thought I was delirious, as I could not erase the biggest smile from my face. I was almost giddy, as I placed my order, and eagerly watched him make my burrito. Oh boy...you know it was good, as no words were spoken for at least the first 10 minutes of eating. It was pure heaven...I even commented to Brad, "I wonder if there are Moe's in heaven." I am totally serious about my Triple Lindy's.
Anyway, we chatted it up with the owner, and he said they would not be opening up any locations in the city for another 18-24 months. As disappointing as this is/was, we immediately decided we would make this our treat and come back to see him (and his burritos) quite often.
Chipotle can kiss my rear!!!!


4 comments:
I'm soo glad you were able to find a Moe's b/c I can understand the pain of not partaking in such tasty goodness for an extended period of time. On another note, I visited another one of your hotspots...Doc Greens and thought of you. I was enjoying their new Dr. Fiesta Salad when halfway through my meal the fire alarm went off and minutes later we were being evacuated by the firemen...no smoke, no worries Doc's is still there. We did see some pretty handsome firemen...so that's what all the other handsome men in Durham do ("other handsome men" being other than my hubby).
There will definitely be a Moe' in heaven!!! I can hear Saint Peter saying, "Welcome to Moe's...I mean heaven." :>)
So I just saw a "grand opening" sign on my way to take Logan to school that a MOE's is now close to us. I'm excited to try it out...I'll let you know if your rave review stands up to it. haaahaa
Oh Gretch- you will so thank me for giving the encouragement to go!! You will not be sorry!!
Post a Comment