Apparently, I can be a Chatty Cathy. Surprise anyone? I didn't think so!!!
So, I was grocery shopping yesterday evening, and even though the only thing I went in for was chicken, I found myself traveling up and down almost every aisle. I think I spent about 20 minutes alone just perusing the fruits and veggies. I was wrapping up my shopping trip, when I remembered I would totally lose "great wife points" if I did not go get my husband his Frosted Cheerios. Especially so he will stop eating my new Special K Cinnamon with Pecans :) Here I go again with the chatty cathy (in typing form).
Now- for those that know me REAL well, you will understand that I could not simply grab the box of cereal and go. I had to rifle through my many coupons to see if I could get that glorious savings I get so giddy over!! As I was flipping through them, I hear this comment..."Girl, I am so jealous over your coupons." Ahhh...music to my ears :) I look up to see a girl about my age just smiling at me, and shaking her head. I explain to her that I should be more prepared instead of having this huge stack and dropping every other one I go through, but she just says to have the determination to keep up with them is admirable.
Huh. I never have known a difference. I was born to a habitual coupon clipper. All of my friends know that if I go shopping, I will typically load up my wallet with coupons for just about any store that may cross my path.
I tell her that where I just moved from, they doubled coupons, so it was a no brainer. Her mouth hit the floor, and after I told her it was NC, she understood. She asked where in NC I moved from, and after telling her Durham, she lit up and explained her sister-in-law lives in Apex, and she was down there for Thanksgiving. We chat some more, and come to find out, she used to live in MD also. So many things in common! We end up talking for about 30 minutes in the cereal aisle- not even minding that there are crowds of people reaching for their boxes of Cocoa Puffs and getting frustrated! We just kept shifting around and relocating our carts to keep talking.
Let me just tell you how much of an answered prayer this is/was. I have been missing my friends so much, and although Brad and I knew it would be tough, it is still hard to get through not knowing anyone up here. I have been asking God to bless us with a situation where we could meet people- and he has delivered!!!!
So, needless to say, my new friend Kendrea invited me and Brad over to her house this evening for a game night with some of her friends and her husband, Quincy. All she said was Scrabble, and I just about lost it!!! We are going over at 8:00, and I am a little nervous- hopefully I will not be too C.C. (Chatty Cathy). I'll try to leave that in the car with the 3rd C- my coupons.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
so did yall have an awesome time???
OH my! DID WE!!! I will post tomorrow and tell all about it! God definitely answered a prayer with this one!!!
Post a Comment