Ok...so talking to a complete stranger in the cereal aisle of the grocery store was the best decision I have made in a long while. Praise God.
In regards to my last post, I met Kendrea Clark at Dominicks last Thursday evening, and upon her invitation to come over for a game night, accepted graciously and made the plans. Brad and I headed over to her house and arrived around 8:30. It's funny as I thought the neighborhood where she lives, Hyde Park, was "so far away", when in actuality, was only a 10 minute drive, if that.
First of all, her place was so cute- it reminded Brad of the condo featured in the movie The Breakup (you will have to rent that one Riss). Very put together and cozy...and as she took our coats, her husband and a friend rounded the corner. Her husband, Quincy, was so welcoming and it almost felt as though these were old friends. We jumped right into the game of choice for the night, Scrabble, and did not stop talking and playing for hours. A neighbor joined us in the 2nd round- "Cool Kelly from Connecticut"- as Kendrea had called her. She was an absolute joy as well! She is a biophysicist- and has the coolest job of studying polar ice masses in Antarctica. How many people do you get to meet who have traveled there???? She definitely earned her name.
After the game ended (I won:), the girls moved to the living room, and Brad and Quincy talked computers, music, and cars. Quincy is an automotive engineer, so he had plenty to talk shop about :) Considering the fact that we didn't leave until about 2:30 am, I would say it was a great first night of hanging out. Apparently, I was chatty cathy again on the way home :), telling Brad how much I like them.
It just felt so good for both of us to hang out with a new group. We miss our crew in NC so much, and this was almost a little slice of our NC family. (Kendrea is from TN, so knowing where we moved from, I think she felt more comfortable letting her twang out when she spoke.)
We met up with Kendrea again on Sunday for brunch after church, and had another fun time. I can see us hanging out with them again very soon, and I am so happy to know that we have branched out and made new contacts. It makes this city seem a little smaller:)
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment