Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is Spring Really Tomorrow?

Once again, this is just a rambling about how crazy this weather is, and how I just can't believe tomorrow is the "official" start of Spring. Does that really apply to Chicago? Come on, let's get real.

This past Tuesday, we had a freakishly warm day, hitting 74 degrees. No complaining here, as I was prepared with my sandals, cropped pants, and a huge grin. 2 days later, back to coats and scarves, as the windy 40's have come back. At least there is no snow... for now. Who knows in this city. Anything is to be expected.

I really need a tropical vacation. I am not even a beach person, as I absolutely avoid bathing suits at all costs. But the warm weather, lounging on a beach somewhere, not caring what time it is, or what day it is for that matter... sign me up.

My hubby leaves in the morning for nearly 5 days in California to play golf with his dad and 2 brothers. A truly amazing trip, as the purpose of the trip is to play golf at the super prestigious Pebble Beach. They are hitting up 2 other courses, and I just pray the weather is absolutely fantastic for them. This is a once in a lifetime trip, to get all of them together and do something they all love- play golf. I can't wait for him to tell me the stories, and most of all, enjoy the time away, as he has been BUSTING his butt lately working. He NEEDS this vacation.

We are thinking of planning a long weekend away before Caden comes... probably along the coast of Michigan, definitely something within driving distance. It will be nice to explore outside of Chicago city limits while we consider ourselves Midwesterners. We were even thinking about taking a short trip up to Minneapolis to hit up the Mall of America, but considering it would be ALL walking, not sure if that would be wise in my last month of being preggo.

Anyway, I hope everyones kickoff to Spring is pleasant and uplifting, as I am sure we all need it!!!!
To the MD'ers, we are counting down the days until we see you in April!!!

3 comments:

nicole said...

definitely go to the michigan coast, the beaches are gorgeous....we vacationed in saugatuck and its awesome!

Anonymous said...

it is...and it is soooo cold!

Gretchen said...

ooohh a MD trip!!! So very exciting :)