Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting the Flu...In the Spring

Yes, I did it. I caught the flu. Perfect timing, right?

I couldn't believe it. Brad had not been out of town for even 24 hours on Friday, when I woke up with the most drastic of symptoms, which proved for no sleep going into Saturday. I woke up for work, barely able to even get myself in the shower, and literally dragged my drooping body into my showroom and plopped down at my desk. I did call my doctor on the way into work, only to get the after-hours service, and awaited a call. I then tried half a dozen others seeking motherly/preggo advice, getting NO ONE, which made me slightly freak out more. I did get a call back from my grandmother, who insisted I call the doctors back right away to get some insight on what I should do. Good thing, because after they paged her again, she called me back immediately. I explained to her everything I had been experiencing... vomiting, diarhea, spotting, and cramping- which was confirmed by doctor as mild contractions... apparently, from all of the symptoms described to her, I had the flu.

Oh, wonderful. My hubby, who takes the best care of me when I am under the weather, is hundreds of miles away, and it's not like the dogs can get me more water when I needed it. Upon her instructions, I left work and headed home, only to convince the girls we needed to make a very quick potty trip outside, and then we all piled in the bed and slept for hours and hours. I woke up around 11:00, took them out again, fed them dinner, and once again, crawled back into bed. This was the routine for the next 48 hours. Thank GOD I am off every Sunday and Monday, as I did NOTHING all weekend except feel completely lousy. I laid in bed so much, my sides hurt, since that is how I have to lay to feel at all comfortable.

Now it is Thursday, and I do feel I am on the way back to recovery... however, my hubby wasn't back in town for a day before he now feels like death and has yucky flu symptoms. Oh, just pray for us, and that Caden just weathers through the sickly storm at our house!!!

3 comments:

Staci said...

I'm so sorry your were sick and am glad you're on the mend. You guys take care of yourselves and get healthy so you can have a great trip to MD - I can't wait!!!!

Jennifer said...

i will be praying! love you!

Gretchen said...

oh sweetie that sounds awful! Glad you are on the mend!