Saturday, January 24, 2009

Random Things Going On

1. I just created a website for our little Caden, to keep everyone up to date as he continues to grow! This also allows me to fill everyone in on my pregancy journey!! http://babysites.com/sites/cadenflaherty

2. At our doctors appointment last week, the funniest thing happened. We had a long waiting time before the doctor could meet with us after the ultrasound, so we saw quite a few patients coming and going. There was this couple with their twin daughters, about 3 1/2 years old, trying desperately to keep them occupied. So, at one point, the father addresses the one daughter as Sadie. Of course, Brad and I exchange glances, being that is one of our 'girls' at home. Not too long later, he singles out the other daughter- wouldn't you know...Bella. We are dying at this point! What are the odds!!!!! Of course, I wanted to run over and tell them the similarity, but Brad didn't know how they would take hearing we have dogs with the same names as their daughters. So, I left it alone. Funny coincidence!!

3. I really need to go invest in some maternity tops, like now. Most of my tops in my closet are loose enough that they have been working thus far, but it seems I have really popped out since being back from the holiday... and it wasn't the food I ate :) I just am not crazy about anything I am seeing online or in the stores, and just can't get excited about shopping. I don't even want to talk about the bra thing. I desperately need to go get fitted, but just keep putting it off. I find myself squeezing 'my girls' into camisoles with the built in bras, but... my girls are quickly transcending into women, so they need a pick-me-up...literally. Now, we are not talking National Geographic or anything, but just proper shelving :) Why I just decided to ramble on about that is beyond me.

4. Brad is leaving tomorrow to go on a work trip for a week. I am not happy about it. I am super excited his career is in full bloom, and he gets these opportunities. I am just really sad. We don't spend that kind of time apart from each other. I am the type of gal who adores her 'me time', but we are talking about a week without my best friend. I need to stop typing, because I am starting to cry again. Focus Cindy- you will have all week to perfect your bowling game on the Wii so you can show him who really is the best!!!

5. I am super excited for our upcoming trips to visit friends and family in our two 'homes'- Maryland and North Carolina. We are heading to NC March 6-9th, where we hope we can see everyone we have missed so much since moving here. We then fly to MD the weekend of Easter. Hopefully, the weather will be nice for both visits, because I am really needing something warm to look forward to.

6. I need to start working out on the treadmill a few times a week, and really have no desire to even walk near it. Just pray I can find the energy to do this, for me and for Caden.

Signing off for now...

8 comments:

Staci said...

You..not excited about shopping...that's almost unbelievable!! I can't wait for Easter to see you guys again!!!

Deena said...

I would love to see both of you when you visit NC. BTW the girls want to meet you too.

nicole said...

yay! a boy! old navy, gap and ann taylor loft all online maternity were my favs. also a lot of the styles now you can make maternity, thats what i did! target has good stuff too. good luck!

CindyLooHoo said...

Deena, I am so happy to see you on here!!! We have SOOOO much catching up to do, including a double gift we owe you :) The girls were not forgotten, just trying to get my bearings!!! We will let you know our schedule when we come for a visit in March!
Nicole- Thanks for the tips! I am being so stubborn, but just have to bite the bullet!

Breezy said...

Yay for Caden's babysite! I must go check it out! I hope the week is flying by for you...until your baby daddy comes home =)

Breezy said...

UM and YAYAYAYAYAYAY! for coming to NC...I'LL be counting the days!

Breezy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacy said...

Girl, I did not work out at all through the whole pregnancy. I know, I know - they totally tell you to, but I was too damn tired/sick during the first trimester, busy with work during the 2nd, and then fat and lazy during the 3rd. Hopefully your efforts will go better than mine!! :)