Ok...back to the gifts. Have I mentioned lately how amazing my husband is???? He is so good- he put so much thought into shopping for me, he had me crying, shrieking, and simply in awe Christmas morning. Not only did I get the Chestnut Ugg boots I have been coveting all year...he also got me the new Crocheted Gray "Cardy" Uggs!!!OMG- Oprah had these on her "Favorite Things" show, which I made him watch with me, and he immediately went about ordering them. 2 pairs- How good
is he????


The best gift made me cry my eyes out- happy tears. I had mentioned in an earlier post about my Christmas tradition of releasing mylar balloons with messages to my mom (who passed in 2000, and also had her birthday on Christmas). So, Brad and I usually take Sharpies and write private messages to her and let them go up until "she grabs" them. Well, I honestly didn't think we would do it this year, as part of my family was spending the holiday in the Bahamas, and we would be at Brad's parents.
Before I woke up (at my dad's) on Christmas Eve, Brad went out to the grocery store and bought 2 balloons (not to mention fresh flowers for my stepmother-told you he was good). It was dark when we headed to his parents that night, so I didn't even notice them until we got there. I was so moved. Christmas morning, when we woke up, he told me we should go ahead and release the balloons before our day got away from us. We walked to the end of his parents driveway, still clad in our pjs, and let them go. The wind was good and they went up pretty fast.

As I am watching the balloons race to the sky, Brad nudges me. I look down and in his hand is an infamous Tiffany's blue box. OMG. My eyes filled so quickly, I could barely see. In it, the inscribed notecard read "Always with You.". Under the card was the classic Tiffany heart charm necklace. The same necklace my mom wore every day until she died, in which is was left for my little sister Courtney.
I have always felt connected with the necklace, and now I have my own connection. I fell in love with Brad all over again. My mom was definitely watching all of this, as we were still able to look up in the clear sky and watch the balloons reach the highest we have ever witnessed. She obviously didn't want to reach down and get them too early, as she wanted to see what was in the box :)
It is definitely the most treasured gift ever- and the thoughtfulness put into it- he amazes me.


3 comments:
am welling up with tears. beautiful story about the necklace.
WOW!!! What a beautiful & thoughtful gift!
i'm crying. what a sweet husband you have, and a beautiful life together.
happy new year.
Post a Comment