How can it be that the Christmas holiday is a mere 7 days away?? I think I lost track because I finished shopping so early, got my cards mailed early, and have not really been caught up in the chaotic ways this season can bring on. I have been diligently mailing out packages (no more driving "home" for the holidays!), and can only wait to make sure they all arrive on time.
Brad and I are heading to Maryland on Saturday for the week, and are SOOO excited. Of course, we have a busy jam-packed week, but will love every minute of it. The only downside we can see now is we are leaving our doggies behind, taking them to Dogone Fun for boarding. I am not really worried about Bella, as that is the place where we originally "found" her, so she is pretty used to the surroundings. Sadie on the other hand is more cautious, and as much as she loves playing with other dogs, is very dependent on Brad and I. I don't think she particularly enjoys going out of her comfort zone. Hopefully being there a few days will let her get used to it, but I know I will be calling daily to check in on them. I also cannot imagine not being with them on Christmas morning...again, especially Sadie. Not to play favorites here at all, but Sadie has become a fixture in all of our recent holidays memories, and just loves visiting with all of the family. I really would have loved to have Bella meet everyone, but I guess we will just wait for more visitors to Chicago to show them off.
Aside from the busy holiday get togethers, we have another highlight of our trip to MD. We are going to the Redskins vs. Dallas game on the the 30th!!! Actually, right after the game we will head to BWI to catch our flight back to IL. We are SOOOO ready to taunt any Cowboys fans and give love to our boys!!! My brother Greg and his friends have the most intense tailgating, so we are in for a treat!!
Now... the hardest part of me going anywhere...packing. I have the most difficult time trying to guess what mood I will be in while gone- because that ultimately will determine what I wear :)
Hope everyone's "Week Before Christmas" runs smooth...and may everyone remember the true meaning of the season!!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
you bitch! going to the skins/dallas game AND you got a fabulous hair cut! no fair!!!!!!!!! my hair has not been touched since march 07. sick. melanie called it stripper hair. gross. CAN"T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!
I know what you mean about leaving the doggies! I'm sad when I leave Charly for a day...I worry he doesn't understand and misses us
=( At least they will have each other!
Post a Comment