Saturday, May 30, 2009

Prego Brain at its finest

I am only sharing these stories with you, as most can relate... how the pregnant mind becomes mush. And thanks to those that tell me even after birth, it doesn't get much better!!!!!

#1... A few weeks ago, I spent a Thursday afternoon running errands in a northern suburb, and decided to pick up wooden letters for Caden's nursery wall. I even took the time before buying them to send a picture via my phone to Brad to make sure he liked the shape of the letters. (Oh, being married to a graphic designer, I have to be sensitive on the fonts :) So, I get home, and as I am putting stuff away, Brad calls me over to the counter. He asks me what I was trying to spell with the letters. Um, our son's name, what else?

Yeah... guess I missed a letter in there. I immediately blamed it on the cashier, and felt like I could just cry. Oh, the other joy of being prego :)

#2... I was getting dinner ready, think we were having pasta that night, and had mixed up a caesar salad. While waiting for the main dinner to finish, I was going back and forth from the kitchen to my bedroom folding laundry. Once I was ready to fix the plates and such, I noticed the salad container was no longer on the counter. After noticing that Brad had not gone ahead and dished it out, I then accused him of messing with me... ok, what did he do with it??? He just laughed, and said he had no clue where the salad was. This launched us both into a 10 minute search for SALAD- ridiculous!!! How I could lose a container of salad????? We were looking everywhere...bedroom, bathrooms, even Caden's room...nothing. Finally, I opened the cabinet where we keep the bowls and sure enough...

4 comments:

*marissa* said...

HAHAHAHAHA that is AWESOME!!!!! love it!!!!!

nicole said...

oh the fun has only begun babe....on multiple occasions recently i have been looking for the opened formula in the fridge and find it in the cabinet...yeah, it's not good anymore and that stuff is expensive! haha

Breezy said...

Ahahahaha! I'm crying laughing here at work. I hope you are feeling as fabulous as you are! See you soon little man!

Gretchen said...

Jon still suffers from this...I find the most random stuff in our freezer sometimes. He blames it on stress though. :)