We spent Mother's Day weekend visiting his brother Kenny, and wife Kelli in Columbus Ohio. Kelli is also expecting, due November 1st, so the guys decided to plan a surprise Mother's day breakfast, prepared by them!
They woke up early that morning and headed out to the grocery store to get everything. Due to my completely irregular sleeping patterns lately, I had been up since about 7:00, just laying in bed, wishing the time would go by until we were going to head out for breakfast somewhere. Brad had begun moving around at one point, and I even asked him, "What time should we get up??". He replied "10:00", which I just grunted at, being it had JUST turned 9:00. I am willing myself to fall back asleep at this point, and suddenly, Kenny comes in to get Brad. Brad nearly jumps out of bed, and tells me they will be back in a little while. HUH? I just tell him I am going to go ahead and get up and showered, that way I am ready to go when they get back.
When I do come downstairs, dressed and purse on my shoulder, I hear lots of movement in the kitchen. Brad pokes his head around the corner, and tells me I am not allowed to come in the kitchen, and to just make myself comfortable in the living room. Hearing their conversations, I quickly realize their agenda... Breakfast for the Mommies to Be.
Not long afterwards, we are all sitting down to a WONDERFUL pancake breakfast, along with scrambled eggs with cheese and maple sausage!! YUMMY!! It was delicious, and the Daddies-to-Be were just beaming! They had even got each of us a card and a bouquet of flowers!!! We are definitely lucky ladies!!!




1 comment:
aaaawwwww! that is so sweet!
Post a Comment