Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sweetest Breeze from NC

As I am typing this, I am now officially into my 2nd day past my 'due date', and still, no Caden. Boy, does he already take after his mama, who is never on time for anything!!!! ;) We find out tomorrow about a possible induction date, to help get this party started!!!

I wanted to make sure I shared something with you all... something I received out of the blue, and just feel so blessed for it! I received an email from one of my dearest gal pals, Brianne, aka Aunt Breezy to Caden. For those of you who are not familiar with Brianne, she started out as a neighbor in our ole hood in Durham, and by the time we left, became such a HUGE part of both Brad and my lives. Her hubby is one of Brad's best friends as well, so all in all, we really struck gold with them :) They had their first child in November, Connor, and he is anxiously awaiting to meet his future BFF, Caden, so they can get into a lot of trouble together!!!!

So, here is what I got...

Dear Caden,
It has come to my attention that you have not arrived, despite proving me wrong on the due date I predicted I want to tell you a few things. Perhaps you are unaware of how really awesome your parents are. Your mom and dad are some of the sweetest people I know and definitely the most fun couple to be around. You will always have the coolest clothes and the best decorated house on the block! Your mom and dad are going to love everything you do, whatever you become and support you always...not just because that's what mom and dad's are supposed to do, but because that's the type of people your parents are. Plus, you have two really sweet (dog) sisters that you're going to have soo much fun with! People all over the US are awaiting your arrival because of how special you are and how much your parents mean to so many people. Everyone says baby's come when they're ready...it's never fast enough for the mommy's. Sure the mommy's are uncomfortable, swollen and tired...but more than anything they just want to hold their little miracle in their hands-FINALLY-because being in mommy's arms is even more amazing than being in her belly.
You are very much loved already little boy! (So hurry up already!!)
love,
Auntie Breezy in NC
PS-Tell your mommy I'm thinking about her and tearing up just knowing what an amazing miracle is about to happen to her. It's the best thing in the entire universe and worth everything she's had and will have to go through (and more). Give your mom my love =) (and your daddy too!)


Pretty amazing, huh?... He is so blessed already!!!!
Love you Aunt Breezy!!

3 comments:

Staci said...

That is so sweet..definitely something for the baby book! I'm praying for you guys everyday...and anxiously awaiting Caden's arrival!

Breezy said...

Aww...I'm glad it made you feel good. We love you soo much!

Gretchen said...

So very sweet! Hoping you are doing ok, thinking about you and waiting to hear all about him. love you!