Val, Leslie, Sandy, Marla, Mom F, and Staci organized the shower of all showers... it was truly amazing, and from what I understand, they are quite the party planning/throwing ensemble!! They each held different responsibilities, and you will see from the pics that this was far beyond what anyone would expect. Everything was just perfect- every little detail covered, and I will be savoring all of the memories forever. (Is it too early to book you all for Caden's 1st birthday party in MD? :)
The first pics are of the decor...
Let me just tell you all about the cake. When I walked into the room, it was one of the first things I noticed, and being the type of person I am... I immediately thought...whoa, what did they pay for that??? It was jaw-dropping... the sheep was used as that is on my bedding, and was the recurrent theme on the invitations as well.

So... Staci and Val were the creators of the unbelievable cake!!! They even had done a test run weeks before!!! Who knew?????
Along with it being the cutest thing EVER, it was super yummy!!!

The tables were all adorned with adorable potted pansy plants, boxes of candy, little sheep picture holders, lollipops, and advice cards. Leslie- you did an amazing job, SOOO creative!!!


Now-the spread of food... it was like something out of a magazine!! Every taste was covered, and it looked so pretty the way it was arranged. Hats off to Marla for coordinating/preparing/cooking!!!!

I am so blessed to have such a large family, yet everyone is so close and there is just so much love!! Here are some shots before my arrival, of some of the gals breathing large sighs of relief that their hard work is about to pay off!!!!
Court relaxing...

Marla, Court, and Leslie

Val, Court, and Robin

Robin was my mom's best friend, and it was such a huge deal for her to be there to share in my day with me. She is and has always been very important in my family, and I know everyone enjoyed seeing her. She made me this diaper cake that was super cute!

Finally, it was time for my arrival. My emotions definitely came out, as I entered and saw everyone- just started bawling!!


I even had some of my best girlfriends travel from PA (Christy) and NJ (Jessy) to attend the shower! (L-R) Christy, Me, Staci, and Jessy. We all graduated from Bradley Academy (Art Institute), and it is always great when we can all get together!

Nannie admiring the photos of Caden's 3D ultrasound session...

Everyone was eager to get started on the feast, and who could blame them??? It was all soo yummy!


Once we filled our plates, it was time for me to start on the mountain of gifts for little Caden- which lasted pretty much 4 hours of unwrapping, crying, and overflowing in thanks!!!!! He got the most amazing gifts, and everything was just perfect!!!
This paper was from Adrienne and Michelle, and told me they had my bought Caden his swing, and was having it shipped right to us in Chicago!!!! You can see how my reaction- I am pretty excited!!!

We have the most creative women in our lives, and Caden was given 5 handmade blankets/quilts!! I just can't wait for him to fall in love with all of them. I only have pics so far of 2 of them, so I will post more as I can take my own pics.
Mom F made this Irish quilt, which not only was something Caden can forever treasure for his heritage, the reverse side matches his nursery colors PERFECTLY!!! She even handmade 2 small matching pillows and adorned them with his monogram. Way to go grammy!!!



Gretchen made this patchwork quilt adorned with froggies- so cute!!!

Mom F also gave Caden his very first Redskins outfit... and knowing how the family is, I am sure it won't be the only one :)

Brad arrived towards the end, which was so great for him to see everyone! Here we are stealing a smooch!

We played a few games, but the funniest was the one where we everyone guessed my belly size, and compared the tape to my actual size. Thanks Sandy for finding that cool tape! The winner was Brad's sister Laura, who got it PERFECTLY!!!! She also got the award for traveling the farthest, driving all the way down from Canada to share in our day!!!

Here are some great snapshots of me with guests and everyone just enjoying each others company. What a perfect day!!!
Janice (Sandy's Mom), Me & Sandy

Me and Val

Me and Staci

Me, Gretch, and Brad

Brad and Laura

Me and Robin

Flaherty Family Shot- Dad F "Grand Dude", Mom F "Grammy", Me and Brad

Val, Michele (Drew), and Nannie

Me and Court


4 comments:
Wow, you are so right. What a wonderful family you/we have. Thank you for being part of it. Thank you also for the wonderful anniversary card. Emily was also super excited about the special birthday card she received from you. I am pretty certain we would all love to plan Caden's first birthday party:)See you soon. Love, Aunt Val
What a wonderful day it was Cindy! I will admit I am so envious of how large your family is and how everyone gets along!!! Caden is one lucky boy!
That cake is A-freaking-DORABLE! I want a little lamb! Glad you had such a wonderful shower with the family! :)
Post a Comment