Funny story.
After work today, I decided to run over to Pottery Barn Kids in search of a hanging tool for this wallhanging I had bought for Caden's nursery (which, I know... I will be posting pics VERY soon!). Anyhoo, in the same shopping center, there is another kids store called Right Start, which is in the process of going out of business. Sidenote: Sad story, yet another sign of the economy. They have the cutest things, and are affiliated with the super cute website Babystyle, which is also no longer!
Back to the story... so I go into the store, and start browsing through what was left of their inventory, which was now marked down to 50% off everything. I started contemplating this super cute stuffed lamb chair, and approached the girl at the counter to ask her if she thought it was "too girly". As she turned to help me, I noticed her coworker behind her, ringing someone up while sitting on a stool. She was obviously very pregnant, and judging by my belly, she looked like she could head for delivery at any moment. As I finish chatting with the salesgirl, I overhear-we'll call this other salesgirl Preggie- telling the customer she is due June 27th. HUH???? How can that be? She looked like she had a missile coming out of her stomach. She looked super uncomfortable, and I found myself frozen staring at her, mouth hitting the floor. She continued talking about how she has 2 other 'kids', 14 and 12 years old (despite the fact she only looked about 25 to begin with!)
She asks me what my due date is, and after I reply June 16th, this is what SHE says to ME...
OOOHHH, you're baby going to be juicy!!!
Just like that. Juicy? Of course, I chuckle, and tell her that I agreed, and that myself and his daddy were both 'juicy' babies!
Really? 'Juicy'? I just found a whole new way to look at myself.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I guess instead of wearing shorts with "juicy" on the butt, you should get a shirt that says "juicy". All I know it, it ain't juice that comes out with the baby! (PS-Juicy babies are the best!!)
Post a Comment