Friday, October 16, 2009

Sadie the "Watch Dog"

We have a nightly routine when it comes to putting Caden to bed...I feed him, then cuddle with him in the rocking chair until his eyelids get heavy. While I am doing this, Sadie and Bella like to sprawl out on the floor and sleep...I think they find his room very soothing!

I put Caden to bed, and as I leave the room, Bella follows, but no Sadie. I return to check on Caden about 15 minutes later (pacifier check), and notice Sadie still laying in there...I think to myself, what a good sister ;)

So, I eventually head to bed myself about 2 hours later, and once again, do the crib check, when I am still very surprised to see Sadie laying in his room. She had changed positions, and was just looking up at me with her head between her paws. Not to sound redundant, but I thought how sweet she was to watch over him!

About 2am, I wake up to see Brad coming back to bed. I immediately sprang up, thinking how in the world did I not hear Caden!!! He then tells me that it wasn't Caden, but it was Sadie that was crying and woke him up. He heard her low pitch cry, and could not figure out where she was, until he went in Caden's room. It's like she was being quiet to not wake Caden. He stood in the doorway and encouraged her to come out...but she didn't move. Half asleep, he kept motioning to her "come here", but nothing. He finally went over to get here, and there she was stuck to the rug!!!! The hook from one of her tags was caught on a carpet loop. She must have been stuck there for hours! And here I was thinking how sweet and protective she was being for keeping watch over her little brother!!!!!

Brad said as soon as he unhooked her, she ran to the back door because she had to go to the bathroom so bad. We felt so bad for her, but I was still laughing about it days later. The funniest part is I think now she is super careful, as she rests her head on her paws so as not to get stuck again.

2 comments:

Breezy said...

Oh no! HAHAHA! Poor Sadie, but how sweet she didn't want to disturb her little brother ;)

Stacy said...

LMAO! Poor Sadie.