Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Let's Catch Up

I have no idea how October snuck up on me, but CANNOT believe Fall is here and you know what that means... the holiday season is fast approaching. I must admit, I am one of those who could probably listen to Christmas music year round, and own over 30 holiday CD's. Oh, how Brad loves riding in the car when I am playing them :) I am sure he is very thankful our holiday trips now involve flying!!!

Anyhoo, I plan on decorating for the Fall this weekend, and am so excited!!! I have a little obsession with pumpkins, but because of the smaller digs this year, I can only pick and choose the good ones to display. Don't worry, I will post pics!!! Not sure what we are planning for Thanksgiving this year...may join our friends Marissa and Tim @ her parents in Southern Illinois. OR my brother, Greg, and s.i.l. Sandy might try and come up. I would LOVE to have family up here, because that is what makes it a real holiday, besides the stuffing and cranberry sauce (yummy!). If those plans don't work out, we may just continue a tradition we started last year of sleeping in late and then heading to the casino in Indiana to gamble a bit.

Brad and I are going through the virus mess up here, with me getting sick 2 weeks ago, then giving it to Brad. He got better just in time to head away this past weekend, only to come back home and get a nasty stomach bug!

Bella celebrated her birthday this week, as it was her one year anniversary of being a Flaherty! I know she didn't understand us when we kept telling her she was the birthday girl, but I did notice her tail wagging extra hard. She just seemed like a happier dog that day!!! Sadie's actual birthday is Thanksgiving, so hers is fast approaching! They are definitely my 'children'!!! :)

Ok...now I need to get to some serious bloggin', as we have been crazy busy and lots to share. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Brad Flaherty said...

I for one cannot wait for the Christmas music. Can't you just smell the sarcasm?