Friday, October 10, 2008

Football and Costumes

Just for the record, I am 100% a Redskins fan. Didn't want there to be any confusion upon reading this entry.

We were invited to go on a Bears Cruise, which sounded great because I had yet to be out on the lake, but I had to make it very clear to Marissa and Tim we were going to hang out- not to be part of any conversion to become Bears fans :)
They met us at our place and we walked over to the marina to catch the boat, and it actually made me miss home. The serious fans were all out tailgating, and we even passed a whole pig roasting. (Marissa nearly threw up at the sight!)

Anyway, we boarded the boat, and it was pretty overcast weather, but perfect football weather. The lake was so pretty, and SO blue!!! Lake Michigan often looks tropical because of its light color!!
I know this is not the most flattering pic of me, but everyone else looked so cute!!

We definitely borrowed these jerseys for the day!

I love taking pics like this!

View of downtown, with Soldier Field on far left. We live a few block west of the lake near Soldier Field.

Me and my man!

Modeling our costumes again!

Tim getting lots of lovin'!

Of course, when the Skins game on, I was in the corner watching as much as I could! SO GREAT to see them kill the Cowboys!!! No idea why this Willem Dafoe double had his arm on my shoulder, but obviously he was confused why I was so into the game! Funny part was I had no idea he had done that until I saw this pic!

Back on land!!!

Huh...

After the cruise, we headed back to our place for some chili (which I was cooking in the crock pot). We were all pretty exhausted, as this day was actually following the night of Maria's birthday celebration, so none of us had much sleep!
Tim is displaying that here...

4 comments:

*marissa* said...

ok, i am dying laughing-william defoe double!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staci said...

looks like sooo much fun...i have to say i almost fell over when i saw you in 'another' teams jersey...i can hear Greg now..you will never hear the end of this!!!!

Breezy said...

I'm not even into football and that looked like fun!

me courtney said...

the redskins did alsome but i can not belive we lost to the rams before they had not won any games and that picture you took of the lady taking a picture was funny