It's official.
I am now packing up all of my "Thanksgiving pants", also known as my maternity pants.
I know, I know. You are probably thinking, well it's about time! Caden is now 4 months, and why wouldn't I be out of them by now? Well, mama likes comfort, and there has been nothing greater than slipping on jeans that fit no matter what ;) So, away they go...pants, jeans, leggings...it's time to re-enter the normal fashion world, and get a grip on this lingering baby weight.
I have been doing really good on Weight Watchers, and have made a committment to myself that I will stick to this for a year, aiming to lose a total of 85 lbs. That would put me at the weight which I was when Brad and I got married. Ugh...that just made me cringe!!! So, I have lost about 15 lbs so far, and have been pretty happy with the progress and process. I have done WW for YEARS...I think the first time I ever went was back in 1995. I know how this works, and that it DOES work...I just have to stick with it. Get to the point of understanding that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Honestly, this time around has been so easy...not sure why, but Brad and I are not just eating the same stuff all the time. We actually went out to dinner tonight, and ordered sensibly, thoroughly enjoyed our meals, and had no problem telling the waiter to hold the croutons on the salad and don't grill the chicken with butter.
As I type this, I am staring at a stack...and I mean STACK of jeans that are waiting to fit me again. I am excited to shed this weight, because I know once it is gone, I will be able to shine once again. This weight plagues me...it makes me unhappy, and it's time to turn this around. I decide my happiness, and I decide to lose the weight.
Be gone, muffin top, be gone.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I'm so very proud of you! Keep up the good work. I wish I could go back to eating nothing but those big bags of Sam's Club Salad like we did in college...how did we do that??? I would starve if I tried to do that now!
HAHAHAHA! Oh dear, the days of splitting bottles of diet pills, eating bagged salad, and don't forget the plain bowtie pasta with butter. I want to look like I did back then, but definitely not the way we did it ;) Leaving out the Maple Doughnuts too!!!!!
girlfriend if you keep this state of mind anything is possible! 15lbs is a huge accomplishment!! Woo hoo!!
you go girl! so proud of you! you should listen to benji's message from this past sunday. its all about the struggle we have with food-very good message.
Girl, I feel you. I am fatter now than I was post-baby, maybe even with baby. Sadness. Staying at home as been the worst thing for my waistline. I am even considering joining the gym and getting a trainer (cringe!!) - i hate the gym and the idea of working out with all the skinnies at the Y. Scary.
PS - Congrats to you for starting the journey and for losing 15 so far - awesome!
U go Girl! Such inspiration.
I am so proud of you and wish you the best of luck
Hey skinny you - I miss your blogging!!
Post a Comment