I was down at the rally on Tuesday night held in Grant Park, which was something I will never forget for the rest of my life. The crowd- hundreds of thousands of supporters- gathered for one of the most energetic and peaceful rallies I have ever heard of. The vibe was amazing. The energy was really all about CHANGE. We took the bus down to the park, as it is only a few blocks from our apartment.
This is the view of downtown from where we were standing in Grant Park. Chicago is so awesome!!

The electoral votes felt slow coming in, as we had been waiting for a few hours, but all of a sudden it flashed across the screen...


Brad pimping his new shirt! I picked us up shirts from a store by my work the day before, which got us some rave reviews down at the rally!

Our President Elect!

I love Michelle!!!

Brad and I as we head out of the rally. We ended up walking the entire way home, despite having been on our feet for close to 4 1/2 hours, just FULL of adrenaline! It was like being part of a parade. All of Michigan Avenue was shut down in front of the park, so we seized the opportunity to stroll right down the center and take it all in!!!




9 comments:
that had to have been amazing!
miss you!
Awesome! Can you believe you were there with Obama and Oprah?! The big O's!
Glad you're back! It must've been so exciting to be at the rally!
oh i'm so jealous! what an amazing experience! i say we go back to the hood for the inauguration in january!!
you are lukey that is a lot of people i saw it on t.v. and wondered if you were there all the girls in my school were detemined he would win t.v. reporters were saying that for maryland if the redskins lost the electorial votes would go o one person and if they won there game it would go to the other person ho w old are barack obama kids oh and if you go on cnn.com and click on politics it has a map of how many electorial votes every state has on the news on tuesday there was a lady in kenya with people cherring when obama won a state.
I can only imagine what the energy felt like live....seeing it on TV looked amazing. I feel so blessed to be a part of this change in our history.
wow! that must have been amazing! miss you....
I agree with most everyone else, how awesome it must have been to be there surrounded by all the energy and excitement. I am a bit sad you haven't blogged about my visit:(
Wow! Thanks for sharing:) I want to come up sooo bad!
Post a Comment